The XF16mmF2.8 R WR is a wide angle lens that consists of 10 lens elements in 8 groups, including two aspherical lens elements, to effectively control field curvature and spherical aberration for an advanced level of image sharpness across the frame. It is capable of drawing out the full performance of Fujifilm's proprietary X-Trans™ CMOS sensor*. Its inner-focus AF system** uses a stepping motor*** to drive the focusing group of lens elements for silent and fast autofocus. Furthermore, the compact lens weighs just 155g. This means the total weight of a camera system comes to only 538g when this lens is mounted on the FUJIFILM X-T30 mirrorless digital camera (X-T30), also announced today, promising exceptional portability.
Metal parts are used extensively on the exterior to achieve a stylish look that gives a sense of premium quality and robustness. The aperture ring and focus ring have been designed for optimum operability and user comfort. The lens is also dust and weather resistant, and operates at temperatures as low as -10°C, accommodating a wide variety of shooting conditions.
Advanced image resolution
- The lens consists of 10 elements in 8 groups, including two aspherical lens elements. The aspherical lens elements are controlled at high precision to reduce field curvature and spherical aberration, resulting in an advanced level of image sharpness across the frame and drawing out the full performance of Fujifilm's proprietary X-Trans™ CMOS sensor. The lens is also capable of close-ups with the minimum working distance of just 17cm.
- The compact lens weighs just 155g, keeping the total weight of a camera to only 538g when it is mounted on the X-T30 mirrorless digital camera for excellent portability. It also measures only 45.4mm long.
- The extensive use of metal parts on the exterior achieves a stylish look that gives a sense of premium quality and robustness, similar to the XF23mmF2 R WR, XF35mmF2 R WR and XF50mmF2 R WR.
- The aperture ring and focus ring have just the right amount of clicking and torque for ease of use.
- The lens uses the inner-focus AF system that drives smaller and lighter focusing elements. It uses a stepping motor, known for its silent operation and precise control, to achieve fast and silent autofocus.
Advanced weather resistance will withstand a wide variety of shooting conditions
- The lens barrel, sealed at 9 locations makes the lens dust and weather resistant and capable of operating at temperatures as low as -10°C.
Mounting it on weather-sealed mirrorless digital cameras such as X-Pro2, X-T2, X-T3 and X-H1 allows you to shoot in light rain or a dusty environment outdoors with peace of mind.
|Type||FUJINON XF16mmF2.8 R WR|
|Lens configuration||10 elements 8 groups (includes 2 aspherical elements）|
|Focal length||f=16mm (24mm in 35mm format equivalent)|
|Angle of view||83.2°|
|Number of blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Step size||1/3EV (19 steps)|
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length*1 (approx.)||ø60.0mm x 45.4mm|
|Accessories included||Lens cap FLCP-49
Lens rear cap RLCP-001
*1 Distance from camera lens mount flange
*2 Excluding caps and hood