Our new gimbal head has been in the development process for two years, utilizing a lot of customer feedback, resulting in some unique and patented features.
The biggest concern with some of the heads currently on the market is they have extremely loose movements or to the other extreme, being very tight. When we developed the new G1 gimbal head, we made the unique feature of being able to tension both the pan and tilt axis. What this means for you, is the ability to choose the tension that you prefer and also allows for quicker and easier set up on the balance of the tilt axis with the ability to switch between teleconverters and camera bodies without having to re-balance the tilt axis.
Another unique feature on our head is the push button pan lock allowing for quick and easy set up and removal on the tripod. Our slotted quick release gives you the ability to offset your balance point so longer and bulky quick release plates are not required to achieve the balance point.
It can easily convert from a full gimbal head to a lighter weight, side mount gimbal.
- Machined from 6061-T6 aluminum and stainless
- Both pan and tilt pivots run on full ball and needle bearings for an ultra smooth and precsion movements
- Both pan and tilt pivots feature the ability to set tensions to your preferences
- Adjustable arca-style quick release
- Large easy to grip captive knobs
- Spring loaded panning lock for easy removal and installation
- Custom designed neoprene storage bag, which can be used off or on a tripod
- Load capacity: 80 lbs
- Width of full gimbal: 5.000"
- Height of full gimbal: 9.800"
- Length of full gimbal: 9.000"
- Base diameter: 2.860"
- Tripod mount thread size: 3/8-16
- Quick release length: 4.200"
- Quick release design: Arca-style
- Weight as a full gimbal: 4 lbs
- Weight as a side mount gimbal: 3.15 lbs
- Warranty: 10 year