- Ultra-wide-angle zoom lens that introduces DX-format users to the world of genuine ultra-wide-angle photography.
- Easy-to-carry, compact and light body design.
- The latest optical design incorporating three aspherical lens elements that minimize various types of aberrations realizes superior image quality.
- The built-in Vibration Reduction (VR) function provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 3.5 stops* faster.
* Based on CIPA Standard; when attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
- A stepping motor built into the lens contributes to quiet and smooth AF operation, which is also advantageous for movie recording.
- With the minimum focus distance of 0.22 m and the maximum reproduction ratio of 0.17x, you can approach significantly closer to subjects.
|Focal length||10-20 mm|
|Lens construction||14 elements in 11 groups (including 3 aspherical lens elements)|
|Angle of view||109°-70°|
|Minimum focus distance||0.22 m/0.8 ft from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.17x|
|Diaphragm blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||72 mm (P = 0.75 mm)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 77.0 mm maximum diameter x 73.0 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 230 g/8.2 oz|
|Supplied accessories||LC-72 72 mm Snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-81 Bayonet Hood, CL-1015 Lens Case|