- The world's lightest*, DX-format compatible, 16-80mm** f/2.8-4, 5x normal zoom lens featuring f/2.8 aperture at the maximum wide-angle position.
* Among 5x normal zoom lenses with the f/2.8 maximum aperture at the maximum wide-angle position, compatible with lens-interchangeable digital SLR cameras employing APS-C-format image sensor, available as of July 2, 2015. Statement based on Nikon research.
** Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 24-120 mm lens in FX/35mm format.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops* faster (NORMAL mode, based on CIPA Standard).
* This value is achieved when the lens is attached to a DX-format digital SLR camera, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
- Employs Nano Crystal Coat, aspherical lens and ED glass elements to achieve high optical performance with minimal ghost effect and chromatic aberration.
- The adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism contributes to stable auto-exposure control even during high-speed continuous shooting.
- Fluorine coat is applied to the extreme front and rear lens surfaces – a first for DX-format lenses.
|Focal length||16-80 mm|
|Lens construction||17 elements in 13 groups (including four ED glass and three aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat or fluorine coat)|
|Angle of view||83° - 20°|
|Minimum focus distance||0.35 m/1.15 ft from focal plane at all zoom positions|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.22x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded)|
|Filter-attachment size||72 mm (P = 0.75 mm)|
|Diameter x length
(distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Approximately 80 x 85.5 mm|
|Weight||Approximately 480 g/1 lb 1 oz|
|Supplied accessories||LC-72 72 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-75 Bayonet Hood|
|Compatible accessories||72 mm screw-on filters, CL-1218 Lens Case|