- FX-format compatible, prime telephoto lens with 300 mm* focal length and f/4 maximum aperture.
* When attached to a DX-format digital SLR, the angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a focal length of 450 mm in FX/35mm format.
- Employing a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens, a first in the NIKKOR lineup, an outstandingly compact and light body is realized.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) function that provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.5 stops faster* (in NORMAL mode; based on CIPA Standard).
* When attached to an FX-format digital SLR camera.
- Employs one PF (Phase Fresnel) lens element*, one ED glass element plus Nano Crystal Coat to achieve high optical performance with minimized chromatic aberration and ghost effect.
* Due to the characteristics of a PF (Phase Fresnel) lens that utilizes the photo diffraction phenomenon, when there is a strong light source within the frame or when light enters the lens from outside of the frame, ring-shaped colored flare may occur according to shooting conditions. This phenomenon can be minimized with “PF Flare Control” included in Capture NX-D. Refer to the software manual for more information. Capture NX-D is available from our website. Please download and use the latest version. Images should be viewed at a size of 50% or larger when applying PF Flare Control.
- Enables photographic expression utilizing image blur achieved with the maximum aperture of f/4.
- The adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism contributes to stable auto-exposure control even during high-speed continuous shooting.
- Fluorine coat is applied to the lens front.
|Focal length||300 mm|
|Lens construction||16 elements in 10 groups [including one ED glass element, one PF (Phase Fresnel) lens element, and lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat or fluorine coat]|
|Angle of view||8°10' (5°20' with Nikon DX format)|
|Minimum focus distance||1.4 m/4.60 ft from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.24x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded)|
|Filter-attachment size||77 mm (P = 0.75 mm)|
|Diameter x length
(distance from camera lens mount flange)
|Approximately 89 x 147.5 mm/3.5 x 5.8 in|
|Weight||Approximately 755 g/1.7 lb|
|Supplied accessories||77 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap LC-77, Rear Lens Cap LF-4, Bayonet Hood HB-73, Lens Case CL-M3|
|Compatible accessories||77 mm screw-on filters, Tripod Collar Ring RT-1, AF-S Teleconverters TC-14E III/ TC-17E II*/TC-20E III*
* Autofocus is available only with single-servo AF (AF-S) and then only when the lens is mounted on a camera that supports f/8.