- FX-format compatible, super-telephoto prime lens with 600 mm* focal length and f/4 maximum aperture.
* When attached to a DX-format digital SLR, the angle of view is equivalent to that of a lens with a focal length of 900 mm in FX/35mm format.
- Employing two fluorite lens elements realizes an outstandingly light body, facilitating composition change even for quickly moving subjects and enabling easy transportation.
- Two fluorite lens elements and three ED glass elements plus Nano Crystal Coat are employed to achieve high optical performance with minimized chromatic aberration and ghost effect.
- Vibration Reduction (VR) system provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops* faster in NORMAL mode.
* Based on CIPA Standard. When attached to an FX-format digital SLR camera.
- VR performance immediately after the power is turned on in NORMAL mode has been improved, providing a more stable viewfinder image and enhanced blur-reduction effect on the resulting images.
- SPORT mode, especially effective when shooting sports, for example, in which subjects are radically moving, is adopted as a VR mode option.
- Even during high-speed continuous shooting, superior AF tracking is achieved, while exposure is stably controlled with the adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism.
- Fluorine coat is applied to a meniscus protective glass at the lens front for enhanced durability and dust prevention.
- Tripod collar ring utilizing bearings enables smooth switching between horizontal and vertical orientation even for moving subjects, while ensuring improved durability.
|Focal length||600 mm|
|Lens construction||16 elements in 12 groups (including four ED glass and two fluorite lens elements, and lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat) and one meniscus protective glass element with fluorine coat|
|Angle of view||Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 4°10'
Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 2°40'
|Minimum focus distance||4.4 m/14.4 ft from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.14x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||40.5 mm|
|Dimensions||Approximately 166 mm maximum diameter x 432 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 3810 g/8 lb 6.4 oz|
|Supplied accessories||Slip-on front lens cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HK-40 Lens Hood, Slip-in filter holder, 40.5 mm screw-in NC filter, CT-608 Lens Case, LN-2 Strap, Monopod collar|
|Compatible accessories||40.5 mm screw-on filters, C-PL405 Slip-in Circular Polarizing Filter, AF-I/AF-S Teleconverters TC-14E/TC-14E II/TC-14 III/ TC-17E II*/TC-20E*/TC-20E II*/TC-20E III*
* AF possible when attached to f/8-compatible camera body.