- In FX format, the angle of view is 180° vertical and horizontal (circular fisheye) when zoomed out to 8 mm, and 180° diagonal (full-frame fisheye) when zoomed in close to 15 mm*.
* At exactly 15 mm, the angle of view is slightly smaller, at 175°.
- In DX format, 180° diagonal full-frame fisheye images can be obtained around the DX mark on the focal length scale*.
* Angle of view of full-frame images gradually decreases as the lens is zoomed in.
- The latest optical design technology delivers high resolution even at the maximum aperture and superb reproduction capability of point light sources all the way to the periphery.
- Three ED glass elements reduce lateral chromatic aberration for sharp and high-contrast images.
- Nano Crystal Coat effectively controls ghost and flare effects that are likely to occur with a wide angle of view up to 180°, creating crisp, clear images.
- With a minimum focus distance of 0.16 m and maximum reproduction ratio of 0.34x, you can get nearer to subjects.
- Dust- and drip-resistant structure is employed for enhanced reliability.
- Fluorine coat applied to lens surfaces ensures easy maintenance.
|Focal length||8-15 mm|
|Lens construction||15 elements in 13 groups (including 3 ED glass and 2 aspherical lens elements, and lens elements with Nano Crystal Coat or fluorine coat)|
|Angle of view||Nikon FX-format D-SLR cameras: 180°00'-175°00'
Nikon DX-format D-SLR cameras: 180°00'-110°00'
|Minimum focus distance||0.16 m/0.5 ft from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.34x|
|Diaphragm blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||Filter cannot be attached|
|Dimensions||Approximately 77.5 mm maximum diameter x 83.0 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 485 g/1 lb 1.2 oz|
|Supplied accessories||LC-K102 Slip-on Front Lens Cap, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap, HB-80 Bayonet Hood, CL-1218 Lens Case|