- Waterproof down to 30 m/100 ft*1, shockproof to a drop of 2.4 m/8 ft*2, freezeproof down to -10°C/14°F and dustproof*1
*1 The camera is equivalent to JIS/IEC waterproof grade 8 (IPX8) and JIS/IEC dustproof grade 6 (IP6X)
*2 This camera has passed Nikon’s in-house test (drop test from a height of 240 cm (8 ft) on a 5 cm (2 in.) thick plywood panel) compliant with MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock**.
**U.S. Department of Defense test method standard.
- Bright f/2.8 NIKKOR lens with 24 mm wide-angle
- 16 effective megapixels*3 CMOS sensor with 5x optical zoom and 10x*4 Dynamic Fine Zoom
*3 Image processing may reduce the number of effective pixels
*4 Magnification of Dynamic Fine Zoom is calculated from the maximum wide-angle position of optical zoom.
- High-performance VR (Vibration Reduction) for both still photos and movies
- 4K UHD 30p movie recording
- Easy-to-access Active Guide: Provides Location data display, Altitude/Water depth displays*5 and Altitude/Water depth log displays
*5 Automatically switches to depth gauge in underwater mode or when the camera detects it is being used underwater
- Convenient LED light works as a flashlight
- Intuitive and sleek design
- SnapBridge photo-sharing with Bluetooth® low energy (BLE) and Wi-Fi® support
*The Bluetooth® word mark and logos are registered trademarks owned by Bluetooth SIG, Inc. and any use of such marks by Nikon Corporation is under license. Wi-Fi® is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance.
- Other Features
- Pre-AF and Target finding AF
- Creative modes
- Scene modes
- Superlapse and Time-lapse movie
- Glamour retouch