This lens provides the widest angle of view that can be used with the camera's built-in viewfinder. It comprises 8 optical elements and is based on the symmetric Carl Zeiss Biogon design. This wide-angle lens is an ideal companion for the 50 mm Planar standard lens. Its features include high image quality without color fringes, haze or reflection. Furthermore, the lens provides an astonishing close range of 0.5 m, making it ideal for travel, landscape and cityscape photography. Why M-mount? For more than 50 years now, passionate 35 mm photographers have been embracing the M-mount rangefinder camera system. From the lens designer's perspective, a rangefinder camera offers an exciting advantage over single lens reflex (SLR) cameras: more space. After all, there is no moving reflex mirror and drive mechanism. This allows for a short distance between the last lens element and the film meaning more opportunities for designing of superior lens types, including high performing wide-angle lenses. A passion ready for the challenge For our lens designers, the chance to develop the Carl Zeiss family of T* ZM-mount lenses was a dream come true. They were free to follow their passion in pursuit of perfection in lens performance, taking full advantage of our uncompromising symmetric lens designs.
- The Carl Zeiss range of T* ZM-mount lenses offers the highest possible standards in terms of performance, reliability and, of course, image quality.
- Virtually zero geometric distortion for accurate reproduction of object shapes, particularly products and architecture
- Reduces unintended focus shift with aperture variation for improved accuracy of rangefinder defined focus
- Precise 10-blade aperture with 1/3 stop interval click stops ensures exact exposure
- Wear resistant filter mount for long-term reliability in tough conditions