FUJINON XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR has a maximum aperture value of F4 throughout the focal length of 16-80mm (equivalent to 24-122mm in the 35mm film format). This lens has a minimum shooting distance of 35 cm over the entire zoom range, which gives a maximum shooting magnification of 0.25x. The compact and lightweight lens weighs only 440g which is approximately 40% lighter than an equivalent lens for a 35mm format system. When attached to an X-T3 the kit weighs only 979g and 823g when combined with X-T30, making it the ultimate travel combination. This new standard zoom lens features 6.0-stop OIS, meaning you can comfortably shoot in a wide variety of situations from a night scene or indoors without worrying about camera shake.
Optical design that brings out superior image-resolving performance
- The lens consists of 16 elements in 12 groups. The use of three aspherical lens elements effectively controls spherical aberration and field curvature. An aspherical ED element is used for image stabilization so as to minimize aberration changes caused when compensating for camera shakes, thereby achieving superior edge-to-edge sharpness.
- The lens offers the constant maximum aperture of F4 across the entire focal length range from 16mm at the wide angle end to 80mm in mid-telephoto (equivalent to 24-122mm in the 35mm format).
- The lens has the minimum shooting distance of 35cm (across the entire zoom range) and the maximum magnification ratio of 0.25x to enable close-up photography, capturing a subject the size of a business card to fill the entire frame.
- The lens features the world's highest CIPA-compliant 6.0-stops image stabilization mechanism among interchangeable lenses for digital cameras. It makes it possible to achieve premium image quality even when hand-holding the camera in nightscape or indoor photography. The lens recognizes shooting conditions, such as panning and shooting on a tripod, and automatically applies the optimum stabilization control.
5x zoom despite its compact design weighing 440g and measuring 88.9mm long
- The lens is compactly designed, weighing just 440g and measuring 88.9mm in total length. It has the weight and dimensions almost identical to those of 3x zoom lenses for full-frame mirrorless digital cameras in general, but is capable of 5x zoom, covering a broader range of focal lengths. The combined weight when mounted on the FUJIFILM X-T3 or FUJIFILM X-T30 mirrorless digital cameras, which carry a high-performance APS-C sensor, remains light at 979g and 823g respectively, allowing casual portability.
Fast and quiet AF
- The lens uses the Inner Focus system. It moves small and lightweight focusing elements with a silent and precisely-controllable stepping motor to achieve fast and quiet AF. The use of unique optical design technology also minimizes focus breathing (change of angle of view during focusing), making the lens perfect for shooting both stills and video.
Stylish design and easy operability
- The lens is stylishly designed to present a premium image. It offers excellent operability thanks to the aperture ring that has just the right amount of clicking and the zoom / focus rings that provide smooth torque.
Highly robust design that withstands use in various shooting conditions
- The lens barrel is weather-sealed at ten locations so that it is dust and weather resistant and can be used in temperatures as low as -10℃. It can be mounted on weatherproof mirrorless digital cameras such as FUJIFILM X-T3 and FUJIFILM X-H1 to enjoy photography in light rain or in dusty outdoor areas.
|Type||XF16-80mmF4 R OIS WR|
|Lens configuration||16 elements 12 groups
(includes 3 aspherical elements and 1 ED aspherical element）
|Angle of view||83.2°-20.1°|
|Number of blades||9 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Step size||1/3EV (16 steps)|
|Max. magnification||0.25x (Telephoto)|
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length*1 (approx.)||Φ78.3mm x 88.9mm(Wide) / 131.5mm(Telephoto)|
|Accessories included||Front lens cap FLCP-72II
Rear lens cap RLCP-001
*1 Distance from camera lens mount flange
*2 Excluding lens cap, lens hood and hood cap