The FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR has a focal length equivalent to 76-213mm*, and a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the range. With a lens construction of 23 glass elements in 16 groups, which features five ED lens elements, and one Super ED lens element with low dispersion characteristics comparable to a fluorite lens, chromatic aberrations have been substantially reduced. Furthermore, the use of a new Nano-GI(Gradient Index) coating technology ensures this high-performance optic delivers results befitting its flagship XF telephoto zoom lens status.
The length of the lens barrel remains constant throughout the entire zoom range, and features a weather resistant and dust-resistant finish that can also work in temperatures as low as -10°C. Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor, a unique image stabilization algorithm and the bright F2.8 aperture hand-holding is possible in a wider range of conditions, while the world's first Triple Linear Motor allows comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing.
- *35mm format equivalent
Optical design for flagship telephoto zoom image quality
- To deliver the best image quality in its class, this luxurious telephoto zoom uses an optical construction comprising 23 glass elements in 16 groups, with five ED lens elements and one Super ED lens element comparable to a fluorite lens. This maximizes the reduction of chromatic aberrations and delivers high resolving power.
- Applying Fujifilm's unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI(Gradient Index) coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light.
- Like other XF lenses, seven rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. An optical design has been used to produce beautiful bokeh at both front and back.
- An inner zooming mechanism means the lens does not change length so the lens' balance remains the same throughout the zoom range.
- By combining this lens with an X Series camera body** with Lens Modulation Optimizer*** (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures.
**Supported by the “FUJIFILM X-T1” and “FUJIFILM X-E2” as of August, 2014.
***Fujifilm's own image processing function that corrects the optical effects of diffraction, based on the optical performance of each lens.
*4 Phenomenon that occurs when the shooting with a narrow aperture in which fine images that should originally be sharp become blurred.
High-speed, quiet autofocus thanks to the world's first Triple Linear Motor
- An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Triple Linear Motor at intervals of 120°, high- speed, quiet AF is possible.
Faster AF is possible when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
- As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
- With a minimum working distance of 1m for the entire zoom range, this lens is also great for close ups.
*5 Method for moving the small lenses in the middle and rear sections of the lens, without moving the large lenses composing the front of the lens.
The best image stabilisation performance in its class
- Thanks to a high-performance gyro sensor and unique algorithm that cancels drift, the XF50-140mm delivers the best image stabilization performance in its class. Combined with a bright F2.8 aperture, handholding is now possible in new areas for a telephoto zoom.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low -temperature operation
- By applying seals to each portion of the barrel, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
High build quality and comfortable operation
- Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. Thanks to long-term experience and broaden know-how for other top-end professional lens fields such as Broadcasting and CinemaScope, the texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing. The lens mount is made from brass for improved strength.
- Combined with a camera body, the lens is approximately 60% of the weight of a full-size system*6, considerably reducing the burden on the photographer.
- The AF+MF function enables seamless manual focusing. After pressing the shutter to autofocus on the subject, fine adjustments can then be made using the manual focus ring.*7
*6 Fujifilm research.
*7 A function allowing seamless manual focusing by rotating the focus ring while pressing the shutter halfway during AF lock. A firmware upgrade(Available in December) is required for the camera body in order to use this function.
(Applicable models: X-Pro1 / X-E1 / X-E2 / X-T1 / X-T1GS)
|Type||FUJINON XF50-140mmF2.8 R LM OIS WR|
|Lens configuration||23 elements in 16 groups (includes 5 extra low dispersion elements and 1 super extra low dispersion element)|
|Focal length||f=50-140mm (76-213mm in 35mm format equivalent)|
|Angle of view||31.7° - 11.6°|
|Number of blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Step size||1/3EV (19 steps)|
|Normal||1m - ∞ (whole zoom position)|
|Macro||1m - 3m (whole zoom position)|
|Max. magnification||0.12x (Telephoto)|
|External dimensions : Diameter x Length*1 (approx.)||ø82.9mm x 175.9mm (Wide / Telephoto)|
*1 Distance from camera lens mount flange
*2 Excluding caps and hood