- AF-P lens realizes faster and quieter AF operation via the adoption of a stepping motor* for AF drive.
* Because AF-P lenses incorporate a stepping motor, the number of compatible cameras is limited. Even for compatible cameras, firmware update may be required.
- Compact and lightweight, DX-format compatible, 4.3x telephoto zoom lens with 70-300mm* focal-length range and f/4.5-6.3 maximum aperture.
* Angle of view is equivalent to that of a 105-450 mm lens in FX/35mm format.
- One ED glass element is employed to deliver satisfactory optical performance for any user, resulting in high-quality images with minimal lens aberrations.
- Adopting a setting system using the camera menus, lens settings can be performed on the camera*.
* Because focus mode (AF/MF) is set using the camera menus, the number of compatible cameras is limited.
|Focal length||70-300 mm|
|Lens construction||14 elements in 10 groups (including one ED glass element)|
|Angle of view||22°50'-5°20'|
|Minimum focus distance||1.1 m/3.7 ft from focal plane|
|Maximum reproduction ratio||0.22x|
|No. of diaphragm blades||7 (rounded diaphragm opening)|
|Filter-attachment size||58 mm (P = 0.75 mm)|
|Dimensions||Approximately 72 mm maximum diameter x 125 mm (distance from camera lens mount flange)|
|Weight||Approximately 400 g/14.2 oz|
|Supplied accessories||LC-58 58 mm snap-on Front Lens Cap, Rear Lens Cap|
|Compatible accessories||58 mm screw-on filters, HB-77 Bayonet Hood, CL-1020 Lens Case, LF-4 Rear Lens Cap|