Witness the next stage in evolution for high-resolution photography. The D850 doesn't simply surpass the incredible image quality of the D810, with 45.7 effective megapixels and ISO sensitivity from 64-25600. It pairs these with a new level of versatile and uncompromising performance, including continuous shooting speeds of 7 fps (up to 9 fps with the optional MB-D18 Multi-Power Battery Pack*1) and the 153-point AF system used in the flagship D5. It's the first Nikon FX-format D-SLR camera to offer full-frame 4K UHD video, while time-lapse shooters can create high-resolution sequences even under extremely low light. From landscape to commercial sports, wedding and fashion photography, as well as multimedia shooting, the D850 lets you create astounding images that meet the strictest professional requirements.
- Nikon FX-format, backside illumination sensor delivers superb 45-megapixel images at ISO 64-25600 (expandable to ISO 32-102400 equivalent) that are ideal for massive billboards and 8K monitors
- 153-point AF system with 99 cross sensors provides powerful subject acquisition in diverse situations
- Approx. 9-fps high-speed captures 45-megapixel images with the optional MB-D18 Multi-Power Battery Pack*1 attached, or at 7 fps with the body only
- Silent photography function*2 in live view mode utilizes an electronic shutter, causing no mechanical vibration or shutter release sound
- Full-frame, 4K UHD video maximizes the capabilities of wide-angle NIKKOR lenses with minimal noise
- Optical viewfinder with 0.75x magnification*3 providing a wide field of view for easier subject confirmation, while keeping a sufficiently long eye point
- Up to approx. 1840 still images*4 can be taken from a single charge of an EN-EL15a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
*1 With EN-EL18b/EN-EL18a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery inserted. Optional BL-5 Battery Chamber Cover and MH-26a/MH-26 Battery Charger required for use of the EN-EL18b/EN-EL18a.
*2 In M and A modes. Aperture drive sound occurs in P and S modes.
*3 50mm f/1.4 lens at infinity, -1.0 m-1.
*4 Based on CIPA Standards.