The 85mm prime to elevate pros shooting portraiture, weddings, maternity, high fashion and boudoir. A fast f/1.2
aperture that combines breathtaking realism with dreamlike depth. Backgrounds that melt away into a soft bokeh.
Beautifully flattering compression. Reliable multi-focusing AF system. All with the premium feel and rock-solid build
of an S-Line NIKKOR Z lens.
• Beautiful background blur: The fast f/1.2 aperture is shaped by 11 rounded blades, more than most lenses,
for smoother, rounder, more natural blur.
• Dramatic focus transitions: Enable linear focusing** for controlled, accurate manual focus pulling, or let the
camera do the work with near-silent Eye-Detect AF.
• Camera compatibility: Compatible with Full Frame/FX format and APS-C size/DX format Nikon Z series
mirrorless (on APS-C size cameras, the lens has a field of view of 128mm*).
• Striking background separation: A paper-thin f/1.2 plane of focus, the flattering perspective compression
of 85mm and the intense sharpness of this lens create a three-dimensional effect that immediately
• Exacting Control: Activate subject tracking, image playback, AF Lock and more from the L-Fn button; manually
adjust aperture, ISO or exposure compensation with the Control Ring.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I pre-ordered this lens the day orders opened, and received my copy on release day. I already own the 50mm f/1.2 and was stunned with the quality, so was really excited to see what the 85 f/1.2 could do. It does not disappoint. The bokeh is outstanding. Color rendition is stunning. Autofocus in silent and very fast. On a recent pet photoshoot, it had no problems keeping up with a sprinting, leaping dog, and the results were really good. Yes, it's expensive, but if it's in your budget and this is a focal length you care about, it's a solid investment.