The FX sensor and NIKKOR Z combo unlocks your hidden potential
Why do you create? Whatever your reasons, do full justice to your creative voice with striking, high-quality images brought by the combination of a full-frame sensor and superb NIKKOR Z lenses. An ode to every kind of creator, the Z 5 gives you a whole new range of possibilities from impressive portraits with beautiful bokeh to richly colored landscape shots - all from a portable, tough, easy-to-handle body. City or nature, day or night, wherever inspiration strikes - the world is your playground.
- Nikon FX-format CMOS image sensor featuring 24.3 effective megapixels and ISO 100-51200.
- 273-point*1 AF system offering accurate focus across 90% of the frame both horizontally and vertically while allowing touch AF during live view.
- Eye-Detection AF*2 and Animal-Detection AF*3 that automatically detects and tracks the eyes of both human subjects and pets, realizing impressive portraits.
- Powerful in-camera VR that achieves an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 5.0 stops*4 faster, compensating vibration in five directions.
- 20 Creative Picture Controls with customizable effect level adjustments, all of which can be previewed in real time and applied to both photos and videos.
- 3690k-dot Quad VGA EVF with the combination of an ultra-high resolution OLED and Nikon's specially designed optics, providing a clear and comfortable view.
- Large and beautiful tilting touch screen monitor for intuitive operation.
- The new USB power delivery option supplies power from a portable charger*5 while shooting to ensure continuous recording of video or time-lapse movies without worries.
- 4K UHD video*6 delivering beautiful and sharp footage while letting you touch to focus on the camera monitor for smooth transition between subjects.
*1 In photo mode, FX-format with single-point AF.
*2 Available in photo mode when using auto-area AF.
*3 When using auto-area AF. During movie recording, the camera will recognize animals' faces.
*4 Based on CIPA Standards. This value is achieved when the NIKKOR Z 24-70mm f/4 S is attached, with zoom set at the maximum telephoto position.
*5 Anker PowerCore+ 26800 PD 45W is recommended.
*6 When using this mode, the frame is cropped approx. x1.7.